When you first access the website: https://fondation-cnrs.org, a banner at the bottom of the page informs you that data relating to your browsing will be recorded in specific files called “cookies” or connection files.
In order to better inform you about their role, the constraints related to their acceptance or refusal and the steps to follow to block their installation on your computer, the CNRS Foundation presents its cookie management policy.
1° The role of cookies or connection files
Cookies enable us to collect information about your visit to the website (https://fondation-cnrs.org) in order to adjust and orientate your browsing as best as possible. Managed by the browser, connection files make it possible to determine the exact services and information you are looking for from the sections and pages you consult.
For optimal use of the website and its services, different types of cookies are used depending on their purpose:
- session cookies are mainly installed on commercial sites to save certain data entered beforehand during the entire browsing sequence,
- functional cookies take into account browsing preferences (language, screen resolution, etc.) or manage information entered during previous browsing sessions (connection identifiers, services subscribed to, data entered, etc.)
- Analytical cookies allow us to count Internet users while analysing their behaviour during their visit to the website in order to generate traffic statistics,
- third-party cookies are placed on the Internet user’s browser by advertising agencies or the website’s partners, as well as by social networks and video platforms linked to the website.
The data collected by the connection files do not allow you to be identified by name, they are only used for the proper functioning of the website and are never communicated by the CNRS Foundation to other structures.
2° Cookies on the website
Depending on their nature and the type of data they collect, the cookies used on the https://fondation-cnrs.org website either require your consent to their use or are exempt from it.
2.1° Functional cookies
The Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL) recommends that cookies necessary for the proper functioning of the website or whose sole purpose is to facilitate communication by electronic means should not require consent.
This mainly concerns session identifier cookies, session cookies for multimedia players, authentication cookies, load-balancing session cookies or cookies created to personalise your user interface.
2.2° Tracking cookies
According to the legislation in force, confirmed by the RGPD, all cookies that allow targeting or profiling require, before they are sent to your browser: the collection of your consent, the possibility of objecting to their use, and the information that continued browsing implies agreement to the deposit of cookies on your terminal.
This concerns both sharing cookies on social networks (Facebook, etc.) and video platform cookies (Youtube). These cookies are therefore subject to the privacy policies of the publishers of these software applications.
2.2.1° Data sharing cookies
The sharing cookies on social networks (Facebook…) are issued and managed by the publishers of the applications. Subject to your consent, these cookies allow you to easily share content published on the website: https://fondation-cnrs.org by means of the dedicated application buttons.
The privacy policies of the social networks are available on the following pages:
- Facebook: https://fr-fr.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/fr/privacy#update
- LinkedIn: https://fr.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875
2.2.2° Video platform cookies
Cookies related to the viewing of videos on YouTube are issued and managed by the publisher of the video platform. Subject to your consent, these cookies are sent to your browser when you play videos published on the website: https://fondation-cnrs.org and hosted on the platform.
3° Acceptance or refusal of cookies
You can also set your Internet browser to warn you when cookies are going to be deposited with the possibility of accepting or refusing them. Depending on the browser used, the cookie management configuration (acceptance or refusal) differs.
Below are the addresses of the dedicated pages for each of the main browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Google Chrome : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=fr
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/autoriser-bloquer-cookies-preferences-sites
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
Please note: Rejecting cookies may prevent you from customizing your browsing experience on the website: https://fondation-cnrs.org, so it is important that you configure your browser accordingly.
4° Acceptance or refusal of cookies
It is possible at any time to revoke your consent to third-party and analytical cookies.
5° Acceptance or refusal of cookies